Thursday, March 8, 2012

A new start

My last post was in November 2011. Four months! It is a new year and I am back. This time I hope to be back for good. My blog has a new name...The College Seamstress. What do you think? I am a college student and a seamstress, so I thought it would fit perfectly.

College has been teaching me so many life lessons and not all of them have to do with academics. I thought I'd share some of those lessons with you for my "first" post on this "new" blog.

In no particular order, here they are:

1. Make time for things other than studying. Take time to de-stress! This is so important! My classes are hard, and it seems like I never have enough time in the day, but if I want to do something badly enough, it will happen. For example, last week I sewed a skirt. I have been making time to work out at the fitness center here at college. Both of those things help me when I am stressed.

2. Go on new adventures. I have the opportunity to go on a mission trip with a wonderful group of people over spring break, which starts tomorrow (YAY for spring break!!). We will be driving to the east coast. I have never been to that part of the U.S. before and I am excited to go new places.

3. Family is important. Since coming to college I have realized this more than ever. I talk to my family at least once a day, even if it's only for a few minutes. I didn't realize how close I was to my family until coming here.

4. Your roommate does not have to be your best friend, but communication is key! If I only learned one thing from living with a roommate, it is that communication is key. If you don't communicate with each other, neither of you will know what is going on. Things will go much smoother if you communicate.

5. Have fun! College is important. You should want to do well in your classes, but it doesn't mean you have to study 24-7. Take some time on the weekends to just hang out with friends and not think about classes.

There you have it. This is my start into what I hope will be a successful blogging year! I hope to post about some sewing projects soon after spring break!


~Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment