Thursday, April 12, 2012

Ruffle Clutch Sew-a-Long!

I recently partipated in a sew-a-long! It was put on by Kate from see kate sew, as part of her Ruffles 2012 event. She posted the pattern and tutorial for anyone who wanted to participate. I had never made a clutch, so it seemed like the perfect opportunity! Kate's instructions were well written and easy to follow. I chose some springy fabric and I like how it turned out.

Front

I didn't have any problems until I was finished...the inside pocket was upside down when I opened it. Oops!! Now the front is the back and the back is the front. It's not a big deal; the ruffles are still there and I kind of like it better that way.

Inside

I plan on adding a velcro closure and sewing a button on the front.

Back

There's still time to join the sew-a-long if you would like! I am excited to see what other people came up with.




~Elizabeth


2 comments:

  1. Looks great, Elizabeth! I love ruffles! I've sewn a pocket in upside down, too. Easy to do. Mine was in a tote and I left it that way... LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete