Saturday, October 20, 2012

A Wedding Gift

Happy Saturday everyone! A couple of weeks ago, my friend got married. The wedding was in another state, so I didn't go, but I wanted to make her something. After a lot of thinking, I finally decided on cloth napkins. They are practical, pretty, and are a perfect wedding gift. My friend's favorite colors are baby blue and baby pink, so off I went to look through my stash. I didn't find those exact colors, but I did my best.

Originally I was going to cut big squares and hem the edges, but then I thought, why not make reversible napkins? It would be like two in one! I made two napkins for each set, so four napkins all together, but since they are reversible, it is like having eight.

 
The first set is red on one side and has leaves/flowers on the other side. I thought it would be a good set to have for fall.
 
 
 
 
I used baby blue on one side for the second set and I used a fun print for the other side.
 
 
 
The first set is 18 x 18 inches and the second set is 15 x 15 inches.
 
 
I made a cute label with her favorite colors and tied the napkins with a ribbon. I found the "Everyday Napkins" saying here, from this tutorial that I had planned on using before I decided to make them reversible.
 
I love how these napkins turned out! They will make my friend's new home very pretty! They were so quick and easy to make and I will definitely be making more for future gifts.
 
~Elizabeth
 

1 comment: