Friday, May 12, 2017

An Easter Lady Skater Dress


Happy Friday! I'm back today to share the Easter dress I made for my sister, Miss K. She is 14 years old and starting to fit into the smallest end of women's sizes, so I made her the Lady Skater dress in size 2.

I have posted many times before (here, here, here, and here) about my love of the Lady Skater dress, and I really don't have anything new to say. It is a great dress! My Lady Skater dresses are still in heavy rotation in my wardrobe, so I thought it would be the perfect dress for my sister. She wore it for Easter, but it will be a great dress to wear throughout the summer as well.


The fabric is Liverpool knit from my favorite fabric store, Raspberry Creek Fabrics. I had never sewn with Liverpool before, but it wasn't too difficult. It is textured on the right side and smooth on the wrong side. It was a bit slippery, making the hemming a challenge, but I just needed to go slow and be patient with the fabric. :)


I am still learning about fitting all the time. It is one thing to fit patterns to yourself and another for other people. I could've shortened the bodice on this and there is some extra fabric in the sleeve area,  but overall, it's not a bad start. It will fit her for awhile at least!


~Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment