Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Lane Raglan Hoodie


Meet my new favorite Lane Raglan! I don't wear hoodies often, but this one is just my style! 


I have made the Lane Raglan many times before, for my sister and I. It is one of my favorite patterns to make when I need a quick project. This was my first time making the hooded version, however. The pattern does not come with instructions for lining the hood, but it was an easy change and I wanted the extra layer. I followed this tutorial for lining the hood.


This was also my first time making thumbhole cuffs! Usually I just make the normal cuffs, but I wanted to try something different. My hands are always cold too. I also have a RTW jacket with thumbholes that I really like, so I wanted to try sewing them! If you are a visual learner like me, I would reccommend following this tutorial from the Hey June blog. I was so lost trying to follow the instructions in the pattern, but the pictures in the blog tutorial really helped make things clearer. 


The fabric is French terry from my favorite fabric store, Raspberry Creek Fabrics. It is so soft and amazing to wear! 



This hoodie will be perfect for layering this winter and for transitioning into spring. I might live in it all winter!

~Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment